As an international student, you are required to show that you have the funds to support yourself for an academic year before you can get a visa.
To help you get an idea of your possible expenses, we have put together the following list of estimated costs—including tuition and fees for one academic year and nine months of living expenses.
This estimate is based on a moderate budget; individual expenses will vary.
When reviewing the estimates below, please remember:
- Total expenses includes credit-hour, mandatory, and program fees only. Any optional services fees, course-related fees, or miscellaneous fees are not included.
- Expenses vary among programs and are subject to change without notice.
- Tuition costs are based on a flat rate of 12 to 18 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students.
- Additional costs may be assessed depending on your course of study.
- International students have two additional fees that are not required for students from the United States.
- The International Student fee supports advising and technical services to meet federal regulations and provide other essential support for international students.
- U.S. regulations require that international students have health insurance. We automatically enroll you in the IU health insurance plan and bill this expense to your bursar account.