Equivalent Degrees

Equivalent degrees in different countries

When you apply to IU Bloomington, you need to submit academic records to show your performance at your secondary school. We understand that every country has a unique educational system, so we have compiled a list identifying what specific documents we need based on your secondary school.

  • In the left column of each table is the document(s) you need to submit when you apply to Indiana University.
  • In the right column is the document(s) you need to bring with you to Bloomington to prove you satisfactorily completed secondary school. You will also need to provide your final year transcript.

You will need to submit the original, official documents issued by your school or issuing body. If these are in a language other than English, you will also need to submit an English translation. Translations may be photocopies or notarized unless otherwise noted.

If you have any questions about where your educational background fits, please contact us.