You may apply for Academic Training authorization from OIS via Atlas (if IU issued your DS-2019).
You will be asked to:
- Provide information about your prospective training opportunity.
- Upload a letter from the prospective employer, on company/institution letterhead, stating:
- The duties of the training opportunity
- The name of the supervisor
- The location (street address, city, state, and zip code) where the employment will occur
- Specific start and end dates
- The number of hours of work per week
- The salary amount of the proposed opportunity - if any
- Confirm information about your health insurance.
- Provide your academic advisor with a copy of your offer letter.
Your authorization will take the form of a letter and new DS-2019 authorizing your employment under Academic Training.
Note: The letter and new DS-2019 authorizing you for Academic Training states the specific employer, dates, and location of training. If there are any changes to the training or you wish to work for a new employer, you need to complete the entire application process again, and you need to have the new authorization before beginning the new opportunity.