Applying for a Visa

How to apply for an F-1 visa

If you have received an I-20 from Indiana University, you should apply for an F-1 visa stamp.

There are four steps in the process. Learn about each step below.

Change of status

If you are in the United States in a status other than F-1, it may be possible to change to F-1 status. There is a specific process you must complete.

Learn how to change your status

Apply from a third country

Applying for a visa in a country besides home country or the United States is called applying from a third country. It can be more difficult than applying for a visa in your home country.

Learn how to apply from a third country