Travel Outside the U.S.

Traveling during your H-1B status

You can travel abroad during your H-1B status. Your trip may be personal (to visit relatives, for example) or professional (to attend a conference or work with colleagues overseas). These recommendations will help ensure that you have a smooth trip.

What do I do if I am traveling to Canada or Mexico and I have an expired visa stamp?

If your trip will last 30 or fewer days, you may be able to re-enter the United States using the expired visa stamp. This procedure is called Automatic Visa Revalidation. Contact us for more information.