Department Hiring & Hosting

Learn how to use Atlas

Watch these videos to learn how to use Atlas to submit the J-1 scholar and H-1B employee e-forms.

J-1 application

Preview of the J-1 application

H-1B application

Preview of H-1B video on submitting e-forms

For individuals coming to IU through an OVPIA-approved partnership agreement

Where there is an official agreement in place between institutions for the specific purpose of educational and cultural exchange, a J-1 visa is almost always required. However, in some limited circumstances the nature and purpose of the visit to IU may be consistent with the B1/B2 visitor visa or the Visa Waiver Program.

Learn more about partnerships

IU's Policy on Permanent Residence

IU has a policy that details how OIS handles IU-sponsored, employment-based petitions for permanent residence, including how to begin the process, and how your petition may be processed.

Read the policy

Labor Certification Posting

The Labor Certification Posting notice is provided as a result of the filing of a Petition for Prospective Immigrant Employee.

See the posting

LCA Posting

The Labor Condition Application posting is a notice of intent to hire H‑1B employees.

See the posting