Living in the U.S.

Paying taxes

As an international student or scholar, you will probably need to file U.S. tax documents. These are usually called “returns” and are due each April. It’s important that you know your requirements, deadlines, and how to file. You can also learn more about opening a U.S. bank account.

Read more about paying taxes

Stay healthy with mental and physical health care

Your time at IU means you’ll be able to access high-quality mental health, physical health, urgent care, vision, dental, and other health care providers.

Learn more about medical care and health insurance

Safety on and off campus

IU Bloomington’s on-campus police work together with city, county, and state law enforcement to maintain a safe learning environment. 

Learn about escorts and other safety measures

Keep in touch back home

Don’t let your cell phone data run out! The United States has several cellular carriers to keep you texting and sharing what’s happening here and back home.

Learn about phone plans and SIM cards

Find your community

Learn ways to get involved