If it is your first term at IU Bloomington or you are returning from a leave of absence, you need to begin your classes in the second eight weeks of the summer term. Your enrollment requirements for summer will be:
- Six credit hours for undergraduate students
- Four credit hours for graduate students
- Three credit hours for graduate students with a Student Academic Appointment of 37.5–50% FTE, whose graduate department supports this enrollment.
You need to register in one of the following combinations of summer terms:
- The second eight weeks
- The second eight weeks and the second four weeks
- The second eight weeks and the third four weeks
- The second eight weeks and the second six weeks
- The second four weeks and the third four weeks
- The second four weeks and the second six weeks
Enrollment in other summer terms may be possible, but will not count towards your enrollment requirements. Please contact the OIS for restrictions on concurrent enrollment or online enrollment.